Sunday, October 30, 2011

Judy Moore - So Much Fabric, So Little Time!

Judy thinks there's no better meditation than a few hours in the quilting 'studio'. "My closet of anxieties gets closed up, & I'm 'in the moment'--all the color & texture consume me". 

Judy learned traditional quilting when she was very young--from Mom, Grandma Hilda & many aunties. Sewing & tailoring actually paid college tuition expenses & helped her hone her skills.

It wasn't until the 90's, though, that Judy rediscovered quilting--as a personal expression & an emerging art form. "I can work alone, but also with others--learning from them in the process. In many ways I'm still a novice, but the challenge of adding other media & moving beyond two dimensions is exciting!" 
 
"Ink, paint, dye, metal, wood, other fibers & thread all offer great additions. I'm also starting to explore 'found objects'--re-use, re-purpose, re-think those discarded items."

No comments:

Post a Comment