Monday, December 12, 2011

Judy Moore


Quilting is the 'sandwiching' of fabric layers and is often traditional & functional--besides being beautiful. The craft feels comfortable to Judy, but it is the art potential that excites her.
"Design & themes can vary--but color is the one constant for me--the richer & more intense, the better."
"I'm not a pre-planner--a few sketches get me started & then I let the design develop. It's usually better than what I envisioned originally--and I like the challenge of making it all come together."

"Using other media is engaging but I most like fabric & thread as the basic story teller. Ink, paint, metal, paper & found objects are more like jewelry rather than core elements. That may change, though."  


"After forty-plus years of a love affair with fabrics--I know that it's an ever-evolving process--that's one of the attractions." 


No comments:

Post a Comment